Thursday, October 15, 2015

Packing for Cap to Coast

In only a few hours, I will be cramped in a van with six other people and on my way to Corpus Christi. I just finished packing, all that is left to do now is blog about it (duh!), eat dinner, and go to bed early, to get at least a few hours of sleep before my alarm goes off at 2am tomorrow tonight.

For those of you who are not familiar with Cap to Coast, it is a relay run from Austin, Tx to Corpus Christi. We are going to run the entire 223 miles divided between a team of 12 runners, ending at the beach. Each of us is going to run a total of 15-21 miles, split into three legs. It is my first time doing something like this, so I am a little bit nervous and super excited! I promise I'll write a full recap in the days after the race :-)

Here is what I am going to bring. I am not going to post a packing list, there are plenty of good ones out there. You can find the ones I consulted herehere, and here.

3 sets of running clothes, running accessories, hoodie, pyjamas, "regular" clothes, bikini, tom's.
I packed all my clothes into 1 gallon zip lock bags, one outfit per bag, to make them easier to find. I was also told that those bags would come in handy to stuff the sweaty clothes back into after the run, to prevent the smell from spreading.

Toiletries, sun glasses, sun screen, wipes, disposable toothbrushes, chewing gum, cough drops, nuun...
Blanket, towel, inflatable pillow, eye mask, ear plugs, ipod, battery pack/cables, wipes (made it into both pictures), toilet paper, water bottles.
Food. No idea if this is a reasonable amount to bring. I guess I'll find out! 
Everything packed.
I hope I have everything I'll need and what I brought is not too excessive. I wish I had a duffle bag that is slightly larger than my school backpack, so I could fit the shoes and the towel in there. But this will have to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment